A boutique investment management firm is looking to bring on an Accounting Manager to the team. The position reports directly to the Controller and would work autonomously through the fund’s workflows and help oversee processes with the fund administrator. Experience in public accounting preferred. CPA preferred. Experience working with large datasets and a datawarehouse ideal, but a willingness to learn and develop a skillset in this area is all that is required. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide US GAAP oversight in the monthly/ quarterly fund close process.
- Act as a point of contact for various segments of the firm's business (client reporting, business development, tax, management co, legal, trading and research).
- Calculate management fees and incentive fees to corroborate the firm's third party administrators model.
- Fund expense budgeting and periodic accrual reviews, which includes reconciling the firm's shadow books and records to the fund administrator.
- Regulatory reporting (Form PQR, Form SLT, Form PF, Form 13F).
- Review of fund capital allocation, NAV packages, redemption proceeds, and investor statements. Quarterly process for most funds, monthly process for a couple funds.
- Close involvement with the audit and financial statement review process. Funds undergo audits with a 90 day regulatory deadline following 12/31, as well as 180 day deadline.
- Provide performance reporting and analytics both internally to the investment group and externally to investors. This involves working closely with the firm's outsourced performance reporting platform, as well as the internal datawarehouse.
- Various ad hoc projects working with the investment group and/or the IT developers.
Job ID: 9427