American real estate investment firm with headquarters in Boston.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Act as primary assistant to Property Accountants relating to day to day general accounting tasks such as customer/tenant billings, accounts receivable issues, accounts payable invoice processing and other customer and accounting requests, as well as assisting Property Accountants with financial and management reporting requirements.
· Assist Property Accountant with the quarterly close process, including preparing lead schedules, supporting schedules and generating reports for audit binder.
· Assist the Property Accountant in the preparation and review of the operating revenue/expense budgets as necessary.
· Assist the Property Accountant with all 404-compliance responsibilities.
· Represent the firm as an additional personal contact for customers in resolving Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable questions.
· Perform data entry and updates to the system pertaining to assigned properties including the input of journal entries.
· Prepare the monthly and quarterly Revenue Analysis for the office and retail tenants.
· Explain current and year-to-date revenue and expense variances.
· Review and code Accounts Payable invoices weekly/daily.
· Generate recurring billing comparison report and analysis on a monthly basis.
· Assist A/R personnel to resolve issues regarding unapplied cash and other tenant billing/receivable issues as necessary.
· Coordinate tenant invoicing through the billable work order system as necessary.
· Coordinate tenant invoicing for building tenant authorizations, and other related charges as requested by the Property Management and Construction Departments.
· Assist Property Accountant with Lease Tracking responsibilities of which includes obtaining supporting documentation in order to help expedite the process.
· Calculate quarterly sales overage for retail tenants and maintain Sales Tracking Database as necessary.
· Prepare monthly security deposit, letters of credit, accounts receivable, mortgage payables and other balance sheet account reconciliations.
· Assist Property Accountant with Fixed Asset Schedules as it relates to updating FAS and entering depreciation journal entry.
· Maintain monthly Utility expense and Occupancy schedules pertaining to assigned properties.
· Assist Property Accountant with the preparation of Real Estate Tax I&E forms.
· Be a positive and productive member of the Core Group.
· Act as back up to other Core Group members.
· Project a positive image of the firm to all tenants or outsiders with whom this position has contact.
· Perform day to day requests and special projects as directed by the VP, Regional Controller, Accounting Managers and Property Accountants.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· A minimum of an Associates Degree required, with an advanced degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
· A minimum of 0-2 years of related experience required. Experience in customer service, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable or general accounting preferred.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to resolve difficult situations and conflicts effectively.
Job ID: 9192