A leading global alternative investment firm, headquartered in Boston, is looking to bring on a Finance Associate. In this role, you would be responsible for the oversight of all aspects of indenture compliance and financial reporting including:
- Daily analysis of investment activity and compliance reporting.
- Monthly review of reconciliation with Trustee's Indenture compliance reports.
- Review of funds' quarterly / semi-annual distributions.
- Weekly performance reporting.
- Assist in preparation investor reports and requests.
- Annual Financial Statements for tax returns.
- Close interaction with Investor Relations to address any questions from investors.
- Close interaction with internal IT and outside consultants to achieve implementation of systematic solutions/efficiencies in relation to compliance and accounting systems and recurring reporting requests. Assist in the design of solutions, as well as ownership of the user acceptance testing and implementation of solutions. Propose new initiatives as challenges/inefficiencies arise.
- Interaction with tax accountants for the preparation of tax returns and K-1’s / PFICs.
- 1 – 3 years of work experience in a rigorous environment. Tax or audit experience in public accounting a plus.
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and work under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter with initiative. Ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with capacity to interact with outside parties and personnel across all levels of the firm.
- Ability to decipher complex legal documents.
- Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through skills
- Detail-oriented, conscientious and energetic professional.
- Strong Excel skills including the ability to develop efficient Excel templates from scratch. Experience with macros not needed.
- Strong ability to think outside the box to develop solutions to Frequent / Challenging / Unique Ad hoc requests in order to deliver the desired result/information when quite often starting from a blank slate.
- Four-year college degree with a strong academic background.
- Major in accounting, finance and/or related degree preferred, GPA of 3.25 +
- CPA or equivalent qualification a plus. Work toward or an interest in pursuing a CFA charter a plus
Job ID: 9430