A leading global alternative investment firm, headquartered in Boston, is looking to bring on a Finance Associate.
Will include some or all of the following for multiple funds:
Preparation of all aspects of financial reporting including:
- Daily analysis of investment activity and performance reporting
- Monthly capital reporting to investors as well as associated returns, positioning, and attribution analysis
- Assist in preparation of monthly investor reports and quarterly investment letters.
- Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements
- Assist in preparation of taxable income and allocation workbooks for quarterly tax estimate and annual K-1 processes
- Intercompany reporting (e.g. Investor Relations, Diligence, Corporate, G.P., Coinvest, Compliance, Tax, Legal, and other investment divisions)
- Frequent / Challenging / Unique Ad hoc requests
Application of provisions described in complex legal documents (e.g. PPMs/LPA/IMAs) including:
- Capital Call Provisions
- Capital Allocations
- Carried Interest Allocations
- Distribution Provisions
- Management Fees
- Expenses (ability to charge as well as expense cap provisions)
- Investment Restrictions/Compliance
- Close interaction with Portfolio Management team to address issues surrounding investment objectives and constraints within each fund’s investment mandate. Responsible for having an understanding of asset classes owned within each fund, which may include bank loans, bonds, equities, credit default swaps, structured products and options.
- Close interaction with deal staff to address any question that arises as part of the financial reporting process. Responsible for understanding the nature of their question and addressing accordingly either through providing additional information as needed or developing new solutions to address their needs.
- Close interaction with Operations and outside Administrators when issues are discovered as part of the financial reporting process. Responsible for determining the root cause of the issues encountered, determining effective solutions, and then overseeing the implementation of those solutions.
- Close interaction with Investor Relations to address any questions from investors.
- Close interaction with internal IT and outside consultants to achieve implementation of systematic solutions/efficiencies in relation to accounting systems and recurring reporting requests. Assist in the design of solutions, as well as ownership of the user acceptance testing and implementation of solutions. Propose new initiatives as challenges/inefficiencies arise.
- Close interaction with outside accountants during year end audit and interim.
- Close interaction with tax accountants for the preparation of tax returns and K-1’s.
- 1 – 3 years of public accounting, audit or tax (preferred), or other relevant work experience in a rigorous environment.
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and work under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter with initiative. Ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with capacity to interact with outside parties and personnel across all levels of the firm.
- Ability to decipher complex legal documents.
- Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through skills
- Detail-oriented, conscientious and energetic professional.
- Strong Excel skills including the ability to develop efficient Excel templates from scratch. Experience with macros not needed.
- Strong ability to think outside the box to develop solutions to Frequent / Challenging / Unique Ad hoc requests in order to deliver the desired result/information when quite often starting from a blank slate.
- Four-year college degree with a strong academic background, GPA of 3.5 + preferred
- Major in accounting (preferred), finance and/or related degree.
- CPA or equivalent qualification a plus. Work toward or an interest in pursuing a CFA charter a plus.
Job ID: 9431