National real estate investment firm providing most comprehensive real estate platforms in the U.S. through its scale, depth, breadth, and financial capability.
The firm's growing Tax Group is looking to bring on a Tax Associate to the team. The Tax Department is responsible for all aspects of the income tax compliance including the preparation and filing of all applicable federal, state, and local income tax returns.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of quarterly and annual federal and state income tax filings for partnerships, corporations, S corporations, and REITs.
- Assist in the preparation of complex multi-state S corporation, partnership, individual and trust returns.
- Correspond with federal and state agencies and conduct necessary research to resolve filing inquiries.
- Review detail fixed and intangible asset records to ensure accuracy of tax basis.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties to support the Tax Team.
- 2+ years professional tax experience in public accounting and/or corporate tax department.
- Real estate passthrough entity experience is desirable. Development accounting and/or REIT compliance experience is helpful.
- Proficiency in tax preparation software and tax research.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Master of Science in Taxation or candidate for MST is helpful but not required.
Job ID: 9434