A Boston based consulting firm, which, now expanding into New York, Connecticut, Philly, San Fran, and DC. They range from smaller, local companies to large, multinationals in a number of different industries. The services they provide varies from client to client, but can be specific, project based or interim accounting support.
Their compensation package is very competitive, with base salary usually higher than that of the Big Four. They also have a very attractive incentive bonus and commissions program that any full time employee can take part in. They hire candidates who have Big Four experience with strong technical accounting and interpersonal skills; most of their employees are CPA’s, though that is not a requirement.
This is a good move for those looking for a transition step before going into industry. Those who understand going into industry below Controller is usually a slower path upward. They want something that affords the same challenges and diversity of industries, experience, and people they had in the Big 4 but without the admin, politics, and grind of an audit. It is usually a 3-5 year bridge to a Corporate Controllership I hope this helps.
Consultant to Senior Managers
they are seeking financial consultants to work with senior management of Fortune 500, mid-cap and start-up companies. They has positions available in Boston for professionals interested in expanding their accounting backgrounds into a highly valued and well rounded skill set. Our consultants work as part of a team with other professionals, Big 4 auditors and client management on all facets of the engagements, including: analyzing financial information, interviewing client management, identifying key issues, report writing, participating in meetings and developing a strong relationship
- Mergers & Acquisitions (due diligence)
- Purchase Accounting
- Post Merger/Acquisitions Integrations
- Forensic Accounting
- Business Planning
- Business Restructuring
- SEC Reporting
- Revenue Recognition
- Sarbanes Oxley
- Interim Management (Controller/CFO)
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting - CPA and/or MBA combined with solid accounting experience will be considered in lieu of degree in Accounting
- 2 to 10 years experience in public accounting and/or industry accounting/finance
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams
- Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting
- Effective analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical and dependable
- High energy with commitment to quality client service
Job ID 7882, 8873, 8879