An alternative investment firm is seeking a motivated, dependable Marketing Associate. This person will be an integral part of a marketing and investor relations team that creates and executes the firm’s marketing and PR strategy. Our Marketing Team supports our investor relations process, our investment process and our portfolio management efforts. The Marketing Team is responsible for several critical initiatives including, but not limited to: the Annual Meeting of Investors, industry-specific marketing events, the website, social media and online presence, press relations worldwide – including those in support of our portfolio companies – and the creation and production of marketing materials.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated team player who enjoys thinking creatively about the firm and the brand and is looking to grow in this role. This person has the ability to see projects through to completion and takes satisfaction in their success. In addition, this individual has the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and a keen eye for detail. The Marketing Associate will collaborate with a variety of teams and will have the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the goals of the Firm.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide logistical and planning support for the events
- Perform regular website updates
- Assist in the creation and updating of print and electronic marketing materials, including PowerPoint slides and presentations
- Help to draft and provide logistical support for Public Relations projects
- Help manage social media and online presence, including updates to LinkedIn, Twitter, Crunchbase and other forums
- Assist in logistics for mailings, including list management
- Manage inventory of marketing materials
- Provide support for management of research subscriptions and fulfill requests from investment professionals
- Monitor and maintain domain registrations and renewals
- Other administrative duties and projects as assigned
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to consistently set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with superb attention to detail
- Ability to respond to variable workflow and maintain composure in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with various levels of executives and colleagues, and ability to exercise tact, good judgment and diplomacy in dealing with management and the public
- Regular, reliable attendance and punctuality. Flexibility to come in early or stay late on short notice, if requested.
- Problem-solving skills with ability to learn from past experiences and mistakes
- Track record of loyalty and confidentiality with prior employers
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business administration preferred
- 2-3 years of marketing or public relations experience in a professional environment, where candidate contributed to a variety of marketing projects.
- Track record of strong work ethic and collaboration
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite, or willingness/desire to learn
- Familiarity with website CMS systems and Google analytics, or willingness/desire to learn
Job ID 9405