Senior Tax Accountant
Industry: Investment Management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with tax calculations, analysis and explanations.
- Preparation of quarterly provisions and related disclosures for Insurance and non-insurance companies;
- Assist with analysis of changes in effective tax rate, current and deferred tax liability balances and related roll-forwards;
- Tax Basis Balance Sheet validation for various accounting bases;
- Assist with preparation of Valuation Allowance Analysis;
- Preparing of federal and state income tax returns for Insurance and non-insurance companies, including provision to return adjustments;
- Assist with federal and state audit support, etc.
- Strong tax technical and analytical skills
- Strong foundation of financial accounting and / or tax accounting, including ASC740 and SSAP101 (Insurance Accounting, Investment Accounting, IFRS accounting or Insurance Tax experience a plus);
- Excellent computer application skills (OneSource Tax provision & compliance, Lawson & Essbase a plus);
- Ability to deliver high quality results under tight and conflicting deadlines;
- Willingness to work as part of a team;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral and
- Strong work ethic.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field;
- Professional designation (e.g., CPA), preferred; Master’s degree in Tax or commensurate education a plus;
- 5+ year accounting experience / 4+ years tax experience / 3+ years insurance tax experience