Description Senior Auditor
• Participates in pre-audit surveys, assembles and analyzes operational and financial data and identifies areas for subsequent audit; prepares specific audit programs for use by the audit team and estimates time requirements.
• Reviews and evaluates all completed work, findings and recommendations for accuracy, adequacy and presence of sufficient supporting documentation; ensures that project workpapers are assembled, maintained and filed correctly.
• Directs daily activities of assigned auditors, monitors work progress, provides guidance and adjusts assignments when necessary.
• Informs the Audit Supervisor of audit progress on a regular basis. Consults with the Audit Supervisor on problem areas and recommends appropriate actions.
• Performs special projects as assigned. Big 4 experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• MBA, CPA, CISA or CIA is preferred, but not required
• 2-3 years prior experience in a public accounting firm
• Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, auditing techniques and documentation standards.
• Working knowledge of Oracle and ACL are desired.
• This position involves 25% travel including international travel.
• Strong understanding of internal controls and excellent project management skills required.
• Excellent communication skills, computer skills and writing skills a must.
• Proven ability to build strong relationships with all levels of an organization