In the role of Office Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day functions of our corporate office from greeting guests and answering our main phone line to overseeing office supplies and cleanliness and ensuring that our office space is tidy and welcoming. The Office Manager role is central to the organization as s/he fields inquiries and requests both from in the office and from our hundreds of field locations. Common sense and the ability to exercise good judgement are essential.
The Office Manager wears many hats, and the ability to multi-task is critical. The best fit for this role will be someone with high energy, a strong sense of drive and integrity and someone who truly wants to learn and develop. This role has exposure to many different components of our business as well as a corporate setting. Qualified candidates will have a strong sense of urgency, strong organizational skills, a can-do, proactive personality and the ability to act as a welcoming host to all of our guests. This individual is the face of our office and must dress professionally.
Experience using MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook (email and calendar), and PowerPoint required. Strong Internet research skills required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Answer and manage corporate switchboard and direct all calls
- directs inquiries to appropriate internal resources
- assumes a sense of ownership for each inquiry until a successful hand-off occurs
- Go-to person for all corporate office day-to-day support
- Ensuring office equipment such as copy machines are in good working order, and coordinating all repair/support
- Maintaining office supply inventory and ordering additional supplies as needed
- Administrative duties include
- Filing and organizing
- Receiving, opening and distributing mail and packages, coordinating pickups
- shipping packages out of the office
- Assist with the coordination of company meetings
- Reserving meeting space, placing catering orders
- Setting coffee and tea service
- Ensure that office common areas are constantly meticulous.
- Maintain cleanliness in staff kitchen at all times
- Run dishwasher throughout day as needed including loading and unloading all dishes
- Ensure fresh coffee is available 8am-4pm by brewing each half hour
- Maintain clean and presentable conference rooms throughout office
- Administrative Support
- Work as part of Administration team and provide back-up support to teammates
- Communicate with team on upcoming projects/deliverables so team can provide support to you as needed
- Assist departments/executives on administrative projects as needed (for example, entering data in Excel, drafting an Agenda, printing business letters, coordinating mass mailings, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date task list and ensure timely follow-up on all open items
- Maintain archive file box database for corporate office
- Identify areas of improvement and proactively address
- BA or BS degree
- 1-2 years of experience in a professional setting
- Intermediate skills with MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong Internet research skills
- Ability to pass a background check
- Work Environment: Requires repetitive wrist motion.