American real estate investment firm with headquarters in Boston.
The Property Accountant will manage, audit and analyze all financial matters related to assigned portfolio and serve as the financial expert and primary facilitator of all financial matters for assigned properties
- Manage, analyze and audit tenant accounts to ensure they are billed correctly each month for all rental and additional charges per their lease and investigate and resolve all discrepancies.
- Research and assess all vendor payments to ensure they are properly coded prior to payment.
- Analyze and prepare quarterly Tax and GAAP financial statements, including all supporting schedules as scheduled.
- Present formal revenue and expense variance explanations via Asset Advantage on a quarterly basis in conjunction with property management.
- Perform analysis and develop financial reports and related schedules in accordance with lender and/or third party requirements.
- Serve as a resource and assist with preparation of portfolio annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts.
- Perform required analysis and develop external reports for compliance with all agreements (sales & use returns, i&e forms etc.).
- Examine and comprehend all management, development, joint venture agreements and mortgage documents for assigned properties.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Accounting required.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of accounting experience required. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience strongly preferred. Previous accounting experience in commercial real estate settings or related industries preferred.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards accounting software desirable.
Job ID: 9191