Leading global alternative investment firm headquartered in Boston is looking to bring on a Senior Finance Associate to join their new Real Estate Group. This is a unique opportunity to work with the firm’s newest business unit as they look to integrate and further expand their investment presence in this space.
• Maintaining the integrity of portfolio accounting systems and general ledger records
• Ensuring proper accounting and reporting for a sub-portfolio of direct investments
• Facilitating communication with JV operators to obtain relevant accounting detail and insight into the accounting and valuation process on a continuous basis
• Interacting with and supporting the real estate portfolio managers regarding portfolio investments and related issues
• Analyzing and researching current industry and accounting guidance and its applicability to the real estate portfolio and the accounting and reporting process
• Working with the team to coordinate the annual audit, annual tax and quarterly REIT compliance, providing information as requested and maintaining audit reports throughout the year
• Participating in special projects and duties as assigned, including support of the Company’s operational due diligence process, regulatory reporting process, and among other initiatives
• A Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. CPA designation is strongly preferred.
• Three to five years of relevant accounting experience within the real estate industry (preferably some Big 4 public accounting experience and/or experience working at a real estate investment manager)
• Proficiency with real estate investment accounting/industry issues, with a firm understanding of real estate valuation, portfolio operations, and financial reporting matters
• General understanding of the tax aspects of private and alternative investments