American real estate investment firm with headquarters in Boston.
The Tax Analyst will ensure the compliance of all federal, state and local taxes as well as issue resolution for the dedicated region. Additionally, he/she will also be responsible for maintenance of REIT Asset Testing compliance so that the company will maintain proper REIT certification.
· Responsible for federal, state and local tax compliance for the dedicated region's to include the preparation and filing of all federal, state and local income, sales and use, and other miscellaneous tax forms.
· Include responsibility for dedicated region's sales/use audits (currently on 3 year cycle)
· Prepare dedicated region's returns for the firm and its limited partnerships.
· Collect, analyze and present data to ensure proper REIT asset test compliance under IRC 856-859 for newly formed and existing public REITs.
· Review quarterly book/tax packages.
· Responsible for weekly security test on company funds
· Responsible for Prepaid Rent analysis.
· Lease review.
· BA/BS in Accounting or related field required. MST candidate preferred.
· A minimum of 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in Tax/Accounting required.
· Prior knowledge of web based tax software desired, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
· Proven initiative, and demonstrated skills for organization and multi tax prioritization.
Job ID: 4222