Trading Data Analyst
We are seeking to recruit a Trading Data Analyst to join our Trading Data Analytics team. Located in Boston, the ideal candidate will be part of a team dedicated to creating a streamlined trading cost analysis infrastructure and process for Global Trading, as well as providing oversight and support for our proprietary allocation algorithms.
The Trading Data Analyst’s primary responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
· Overseeing the performance for our proprietary trade allocation optimization engine;
· Designing, building and back-testing new models for any future product or strategy roll outs;
· Partnering with traders and trading management to improve overall execution results through innovation, enhanced decision making tools and documentation;
· Collaborating with our investment science team to implement a Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) framework for Global Trading designed to support our client reporting, best execution, trader insight and supervisory needs; and
· Partnering with trading technology, external vendors, and the dealer community on producing a high quality data environment surrounding the life cycle of a trade across various asset class types (equities, fixed income, FX, derivatives).
The Trading Data Analyst must be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure, possess a high degree of analytical ability and have the ability to plan/prioritize tasks in a fluid environment. Team orientation and the ability to work in concert with external service providers and colleagues located around the world are essential. Successful candidates must have impeccable integrity, a fiduciary mindset, and the ability to consistently place the interest of our clients as the
number one factor in judgment, decision-making and actions. Knowledge of equities, fixed income and foreign exchange is preferred but in-depth knowledge of all markets is not required.
· Demonstrable evidence of analyzing/documenting complex business processes and translating those into business requirements;
· Strong analytical aptitude and ability to perform deep-dive data analysis as well as high level strategic thinking;
· Proven organizational and communication skills with an emphasis on accuracy, concision and timeliness; and
· A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a technical role; experience in the financial services industry will be viewed favorably.
Deep optimization training coupled with strong working knowledge of tools like Gurobi, CPLEX, Symphony, or Axioma
· Strong academic credentials; a Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or engineering field is required. A
graduate degree in a field such as Operations Research or Financial Engineering is preferred
· Hands-on technical ability, including coding proficiency in languages like Python, R,SQL, Java, C++/C#
· Knowledge of equities, fixed income and foreign exchange is preferred but in-depth knowledge of all
markets is not required.
· Working knowledge of quantitative tools and technologies used for TCA, order execution and risk