We are looking for a consultant for a national accounting firm with an office in Boston. Working for this firm is an investment in your future that pays dividends along the way. The longer you stay with them, the wider breadth of Accounting & Finance opportunities and experiences you will gain.
• High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding client expectations.
• Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles.
• Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service to our clients.
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with clients, firm leadership, & peers.
• Confidence in professional aptitude and ability to effectively convey skills, knowledge, and qualifications to clients.
• Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the local office and Firm overall.
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Interest and passion to get involved in other professional experiences such as Business Development and Recruiting.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, or progress towards, is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of strong accounting experience. This includes at least 2 busy seasons in external audit with a Big 4 or large Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Firm.
• Corporate accounting and/or finance experience at a large public corporation is a plus but not required.
• Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Services Board (FASB) rules and standards.
• Strong computer desktop skills required. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (i.e., macros, pivot tables, etc.) desirable.
• Demonstrated career progression and job stability.