We are looking for a Payroll Supervisor to join our Corporate Accounting team in our Boston Headquarters.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supervises payroll professionals to ensure the processing of unit and corporate payroll accurately and on time.
• Ensures accurate accounting distribution and preparation of deductions.
• Supervises, schedules, and monitors the activities of the payroll team that may include accounting; distributing and preparing payments, benefits, taxes, and payroll deductions; calculation of overtime, shift payments, and bonuses; maintains payroll records, government compliance, and reporting.
• Supervises staff development. Provides feedback on performance appraisals. Manages the development and training of staff. Approves paid time off requests (PTO) and ensures human resources policies are followed.
• Performs basic to highly complex payroll record error reconciliations, additions, and changes to the payroll system (e.g., changes in salary, benefits, tax withholdings, etc.).
• Responds to the more complex, escalated inquiries from team members and checks the work of others to ensure that the payroll is processed accurately.
• Recommends updates and enhancements to the design of the payroll system. Performs monthly patch testing of payroll system updates, enhancements, bug fixes.
• Streamline & create documentation of payroll processes. Cross train team for full coverage of all payroll processes.
• Tax inquiries, reporting, reconciliations & W-2 processing / reconciliations. Filings of W-2C’s as needed. Filings of local taxes, disability & UI. Review & submit 3rd Party Sick Pay to state.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Human Resources, Accounting or related field
Experience: 4 years of payroll experience with 2 or more years’ experience leading teams
Skills: Excellent computer skills using ADP payroll system as well as proficiency in MS Word and Excel and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work; good communication skills to interface with company employees or outside vendors; ability to work in a team environment
Travel: Limited local or national travel may be required.
Environmental Factors: Daily exposure to computer screens for extended periods of time.