• Works closely with the Portfolio Controllers and Assistant Portfolio Controllers in the
review and analysis of portfolio financial information.
• Prepares portfolio financial reports for Trustees and consultants.
• Works with the Portfolio Team and the Investor Relations Team in the preparation of quarterly financial reports and annual portfolio business plans.
• On a monthly basis, reviews and reconciles accounting to property financial statements.
• Works closely with third party property managers to ensure that the property financials are
• Prepares monthly journal entries relating to market value accounting, and investment level
entries in the Yardi General Ledger System. Updates and reconciles IRR schedules, Master Trustee net asset statements, and general ledger supporting schedules.
• Assists with portfolio-level annual investment budgeting.
• Provides portfolio-level accounting support to Portfolio Controllers and Portfolio Managers
• Prepares financial statements for all tax and audit purposes.
• Processes/oversees processing of all portfolio payables.
• Prepares portfolio bank reconciliations.
BA/BS in accounting required; CPA designation preferred.
3-5 years of financial services accounting experience. (experience with real estate a plus)
Excellent knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
Strong computer skills.
Excellent financial analysis skills.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Able to work effectively and cooperatively as a member of a team.
Able to effectively take direction and work independently as needed.
Solicit senior level guidance or input on key matters.
Strong attention to detail.
High level of motivation and desire to succeed