We are looking for a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting/Technical Accounting for a Boston Headquarter. This position will direct, develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure consistency, reporting accuracy and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). As well as, develop and document internal key controls including supporting and assisting with the coordination of the external audit. Provides expertise in complex accounting areas, including revenue recognition, equity accounting, acquisition accounting and international accounting transactions. Collaborates with Finance leads within each business units to establish firm-wide best practices to ensure all applicable policies are consistently applied.
• Prepares audited financial statements including disclosures in accordance with GAAP and financial reporting to internal key stakeholders.
• Researches, monitors and ensures timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance by providing U.S. GAAP interpretation and preparing technical memorandums to document and communicate findings.
• Oversight of internal control environment including documentation and support of key controls
• Coordination with external auditors on audit related issues
• Provides expertise in relevant accounting areas, including revenue recognition, equity accounting, acquisition accounting and consolidations
• Assists with implementation of new GAAP accounting standards
• Ad-hoc special projects including system improvement initiatives
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management or related discipline.
Experience: 12 years of related experience
• Big 4 public accounting experience
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of GAAP including revenue recognition and lease accounting
• Experience with implementing internal controls
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized and self-motivated individual with exceptional interpersonal skills suited to a fast paced, value driven and continuous improvement culture