Global Private Equity Firm looking to expand in Boston is looking for a Senior Accountant who will Accounting Manager and Controller. They will be responsible for accounting of all aspects of the company, with additional accounting responsibilities for other global companies.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• General ledger accounting
• Accounts payable and vendor management
• Daily cash management
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
• Account reconciliation
• Fixed assets
• Travel and expense review and analysis
• Assist with preparation of forecasts
• Assist with year-end audit process
• Assist with preparation of tax return
• Additional analysis and projects needed
• Accounting or finance degree
• 2-3 years accounting experience
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Ability to prioritize workflow in a challenging and evolving environment.
• Ability to work with all levels of partners, staff and outside vendors in a fast-paced team environment.
• Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office and a general ledger system, preferably Microsoft Dynamics GP
Characteristics of an Outstanding Performer:
A bright, creative and confident professional who has a sense of urgency and is able to support sustained growth by improving systems and procedures.
A hard worker with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude who is motivated to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
A self-starter who takes initiative with tasks and projects and has the ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
A person who is flexible and who doesn’t draw finite lines around responsibilities.
A dedicated, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and energetic professional who has:
A high degree of service orientation towards everyone inside and outside the organization.
A high standard of integrity, character and professionalism.
An ability to prioritize workflow in a challenging and evolving environment.
Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
An ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
An ability to positively interact with all levels of partners and staff.