The firm has significant AUM, and anticipates new fund vehicles will be formed over the next year. With anticipated aggressive growth, it will be the mission of the Finance Associate to contribute to the increased demands placed on the finance team with an emphasis on the quality and professionalism of the work product. This position provides an excellent opportunity for an accounting professional to focus on the credit, private debt funds and gain additional experience to all of the other investment products as well as gain greater experience in providing executive management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements. The successful candidate will report directly to and work alongside the management company controller.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Play a key role in the performance of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process;
· Prepare and record daily accounting journal entries to capture cash activity;
· Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations;
· Prepare balance sheet account analysis;
· Prepare periodic financial analyses and research results that differ from expectations;
· Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial results to executive management;
· Assist in the preparation of budget to actual analysis;
· Assist in the preparation of quarterly forecasts;
· Ad hoc requests from the Controller; and
· Interact effectively and liaise with multiple groups within the Firm.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
· 2-4 years of experience;
· Public accounting background with minimum of 2 years a plus (“Big 4” firm preferred) or experience working in the management company in the financial services industry;
· CPA preferred but, not required;
· Experience with or working knowledge of accounting systems;
· Ability to take ownership and responsibility of work product and meet deadlines;
· Ability to recognize issues and solve problems;
· An entrepreneurial spirit who takes the initiative;
· Strong communication skills; and
· Proficient knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.